1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper
2. Combine the chickpeas, canola oil, garlic, dried rosemary & salt and spread on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, until golden crisp.
3. Mix the yogurt, cumin powder & salt together & refrigerate until used.
4. To serve, layer salad leaves and sprouts. Top generously with chickpeas and drizzle with cumin-spiced yogurt.
· To prepare the chickpeas, soak overnight for at least 18 hours in salted room temperature water and rinse before use. Pressure cook for about 12 – 15 minutes or boil on the stove for about 30 – 40 minutes.
· Ensure the chickpeas are completely dry before coating them in the oil and herb mixture as they won’t crisp up if they’re still wet.
· To add heat to the chickpeas, add 1 teaspoon of paprika before baking.
· The roasted chickpeas taste great on their own as a snack too!