1. In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, coconut sugar, flakes, yeast and cardamom powder and combine together
2. Add coconut milk into the flour and mix until the dough comes together.
3. Transfer the dough unto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10-15 minutes. Take sometime here as this contributes to soft mahamri.
4. Form into a ball and place in a bowl to proof in a warm area for 1 hour.
5. After one hour, divide the dough into small quarters then form them into small balls.
6. Take one ball and cover the rest in a damp cloth to avoid drying out. Press the ball into a circle and start rolling it into a bigger circle.
7. Then cut the circle into 4 quarters/triangles. Repeat the rest of balls.
8. Heat a deep frying pan with some Pure Mountain pure Canola Oil until hot. Use a wooded spoon to test how hot the oil is. If you see lots of bubbles the oil is hot enough.
9. Drop a few triangular pieces into the oil and make sure not to overcrowd. 10. Cook each side until lightly brown. Remove from heat and continue until all the mahamris are cooked. Enjoy with some tea.