6 – 8 small pies People
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat & add minced garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and add remaining ingredients. Continue to sauté for a few minutes until the mixture has thickened. Set aside.
3. Divide pastry into balls and roll out circles on a lightly floured surface. Spoon 2 – 3 teaspoons of the pie filling in the center and fold the dough over to form half-moons. Pinch to seal and score vents to allow hot air to escape. Brush tops with egg yolk and place pies in the prepared tray.
4. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the crust has browned. Serve with ketchup / HP sauce or chili sauce. Enjoy!
· To prepare the chickpeas, soak overnight for at least 18 hours in salted room temperature water and rinse before use. Pressure cook for about 12 – 15 minutes or boil on the stove for about 30 – 40 minutes. Unsoaked chickpeas will take between 90 minutes to 2 hours to boil on the stove and about 30 minutes in the pressure cooker.